March 14, 2013

Selena Gome New Interview for PARADE

Selena Gome New Interview for PARADE


On going back to Wizards
"It took me a minute to get back into Alex, to be honest. But it was really fun! I missed my family and I missed being part of the channel. It took me a couple of days to get back in the groove with everybody. All of it was a little awkward at first but we got into it." 

On executive producing
"If anything, my cast made fun of me that I even had a title. Nothing was different but I did get to have fun with the writers. Not write anything but I got to be part of some of the improv with them. And then from the beginning, getting everyone on board because it was my idea to have everyone get back together. It was kind of a responsibility but it was super-minimal and people just made fun of me for it anyways." 

2013 is the year of music
"Last year was all movies so I did completely take a break from music. I did four movies that I was super-blessed to be a part of. They were really different and cool. It was great for me to be a part of things that were outside of my comfort zone in a way. Towards the end of last year, we started recording about twenty to thirty songs. We finished it so now we're done and we're getting ready to start touring it."

On her new album
"Creatively this is the most control I've had on a record, to be honest. They've all been a little more processed because I was doing the series at the same time. They wanted me to do a couple shows here or there so it was more about me going in to do a track that I loved and it being on the record. This time, I got to work with numerous amount of producers that I wanted to work with. I would go in and create a bridge with someone, start from the beginning of the process. From last year recording to now, I've gone through a lot and experienced a lot. This is the hardest I've worked on a record for sure, so I'm excited. It's still super dance. It kind of touches into a little bit of an island-y feel, a little bit of a Spanish feel, and there some are very Ellie Goulding in a way. I'm kind of playing with a little bit of everything. It was super fun and hopefully it makes sense!"

On Spring Breakers being a turning point
"I definitely felt like I got to really grow being a part of that project. It was the first project that I actually went and filmed by myself. I usually have my mom come with me. That was really nice to get to do on my own. Working with James[Franco] really had to make me step up my game and the girls [Vanessa Hudgens, Ashley Benson, Rachel Korine] just inspired me. Harmony [Korine] is an incredible director people would die to work for. He made me experience a whole other world of filmmaking." 

On turning 21 in July. 
"I'm definitely going to have a party. This is the big one. I'll probably throw a nice big party for me and my friends." 

Would she jump into reality television? 
"If I would consider it, it would probably be fashion-related because those are the ones that I'm totally into. I love working with my stylist and watching those shows. Or maybe cooking!"

More on PARADE.COM

No comments:

Post a Comment